What is Spirituality?
The consciousness that relates man and woman directly to God/Infinite Intelligence. There are numerous Faiths and Religions (Christianity, Islam, Buddhism, Hinduism etc.). If we look closer we can find that there are fundamental truths in all of them and some of those truths are the same. As you continue to read further, you will learn more about the different aspects of spirituality.
Are Your Beliefs About God Outdated?
This is a question that most people never think to ask. But in this day and age maybe we all need to look beyond what all Christians have held to be true for centuries. Have you ever stopped to question some of the beliefs about God that we still hold near and dear to us today? Let me give you a couple of examples of beliefs we have held onto for centuries that are simply false and outdated.
- God is an angry, jealous, and vengeful God that we should fear
- We can find God sitting on a throne in heaven located somewhere in the sky.
First of all, the analogy that God is an angry, jealous, vengeful God is completely contradictory to 1 John 4:7-8 which states Dear friends, let us continue to love one another, for love comes from God. Anyone who loves is a child of God and knows God. But anyone who does not love does not know God. To further the point that we have a mis-perception of God as is stated in 1 John 4:16, And we have come to know and to believe the love that God has for us. God is love, and the one who remains in love remains in God, and God remains in him So what these scriptures all say is that God is love and that we are to love each other as God has loved us.
Despite all of the obstacles that life has to offer, we should always hold onto this fact because God will never stop loving us unconditionally.
The second false belief is that God is somewhere sitting on a throne is disproven by the scripture John 4:12-13, that says "If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in us". Hereby, know that we dwell in him, and he in us, because he hath given us his Spirit
According to Neal Donald Walsh's book Conversations With God, (Book 1), God's desires are as follows:
- I desire first to know and experience Myself , in all My glory to know Who I Am. Before I invented you and all the worlds of the universe was impossible for Me to do so.
- Second, I desire that you shall know and experience Who You Really Are, through the power I have given you to create and experience yourself in whatever way you choose.
- Third, I desire for the whole life process to be an experience of constant joy, continuous creation, never-ending expansion, and total fulfillment in each moment of now.
Why are People Kept in the Dark? Don't Worry! Things Will Come Out in the Light.
For there is nothing covered which will not be uncovered; and nothing hidden which will not be known and come to light.If that is the case, why do some religions try to keep people in the dark? It will all come out in the light. We are now entering into a new age of consciousness and that is the Age of Aquarius.
Holy Bible, Luke 8:17
Words and Images
Often times we do not think about the importance of the words that we speak on a daily basis.
Author Robert Collier in his book, the God in You said: A word is a mental concept, an idea, an image.
According to the Bible, in the first chapter of Genesis it states
- In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
- And the earth was without form and void, what did God use to create the Heavens and Earth?
God used a mental image expressed in words which created the material form. God said ìlet there be lightî and there was light. And God said, Let the water under the sky be gathered to one place, and let dry ground appear.î And it was so. God also said, Let the land produce vegetation: seed-bearing plants and trees on the land that bear fruit with seed in it, according to their various kinds. And it was so.
There is a pattern here: God or Infinite Intelligence said it, and it was done. The Bible did not say God conducted an action and it was done later. The Bible states God said those things, and it was done. Most people are getting what they say and not what they want. God stated ìMy people are destroyed for lack of knowledgeî.
Let's analyze this statement: Some people say, God help me! I have a problem and it is getting worse. :
- By making the statement that the problem is getting worse indicates that the person is not walking by faith and therefore that situation will not change. The person is walking by sight and not expecting things to change.
- The person is putting too much focus on the problem and not the solution.
- The person has also denied or stopped their potential blessing from coming into fruition because they are stating the contrary. What we state and place our focus on is what we get. Words have power.